Monday 23 September 2013

Mix & Match Monday for Ovarian Cancer

Hi everyone.

I recently got an email from a colleague and dear friend of mine called Dimana, she is the owner of a super cool blog Aesthetic Perfections  She asked some of her fellow nail and beauty bloggers to raise awareness of Ovarian cancer this month since the month of September is for Ovarian cancer awareness.

Here's my look : 







After reading the blogs of the bloggers joining in on this cause, and doing some research of my own, I discovered real alarming numbers for this disease. I am from South Africa, I will share some of the statistics that I found. One in every 297 women has or will have ovarian cancer in South Africa. With the female population being over half of the total population, almost 100 000 women in South Africa has or will have Ovarian cancer.  Shocking isn't it.  And what is even more shocking, is that most of these cases only gets discovered when it's too late. Be careful and get educated about this, it can save your life!

So here is my mani to bring awareness to this silent killer!

I used:

OPI Teal the cows come home
OPI My vampire is buff
And some loose arts and crafts glitter






For the loose glitter I just applied one layer of clear polish and dipped my finger in the glitter while it was still wet.


Even though it causes a lot of fall out, I didn't apply a topcoat over the glitter 
because I liked how it looked without it.





If you want to support the cause, please do a look and leave your link.


Have a great week!




No comments: